DON’T SETTLE FOR LESS
When you know the will of God, don’t settle for less. Go for the will of God. Don’t be too weak not to go for the will of God. It does not matter what it is, go for it. We are not talking about something you desire and you want to consume upon your own lust. When a man or woman is not satisfied, they are slaves of themselves and no one can free their slaves. The Lord waits for you to listen to Him for those chains of slavery to be broken. He won’t jump on you and break it.
The will of God is revealed in Ephesians 2v10 that says; “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Walk in the good will of God.
Don’t assume you are walking in the goodness of God because you go to church daily or you are a staff etc. Actualize it. Get to know it for sure that you are walking in them. God has a plan for you to think excellently, in your relationships, in your spiritual walk, in your finances, in your academics etc,. God has created us for good works. Everything that is good and reveals the goodness of God is for us and so we live it.
God has prepared a path for you, don’t settle for less. Don’t put yourself in a small box when He has given you a castle. Don’t reduce yourself to sickness, when He has given you divine health. Don’t reduce yourself to pain when He has given you the joy. It doesn’t matter what people talk about you, you know the will of God about you and you go for it.
Let us look at the men and women of God who did not settle for less. And because they didn’t settle for less, their lives revealed to us was the very perfect will of God.
1. Daughters of Zelophehad - In Numbers 27v1-11, the Bible talks about the five daughters of Zelophehad who did not settle for less than what is theirs. They were not fighting type. They walked up to the counsel and said; “Our father died in the wilderness, and he was not in the company of them that gathered themselves together against the Lord in the company of Korah; but died in his own sin, and had no sons. Why should the name of our father be done away from among his family, because he hath no son? Give unto us therefore a possession among the brethren of our father”. So, Moses took their case before the Lord. God did the unusual and said the daughters of Zelophehad are speaking right and Moses shall surely give them a possession of inheritance among their father’s brothers. So, the daughters of Zelophehad broke the records. They knew the will of God and did not settle for less. A new law was given because of the women of faith who will not settle for less. Will you break the records?
The daughter of Zelophehad taught that we can sit, talk, pray and ask God what you want. And if you are not having it, you can find out why you are not having it.
2. Jacob (Genesis 32v24) - Jacob was a swindler and had done lot of manipulation. Here he was going to face his brother. When you have to face tough situation, spend time in praying. Jacob wasn’t waiting for someone to pray for him or to pray with him. Jacob went into prayer seeking God. In spiritual wrestling, you don’t include human beings. It is between you and God. And as you spend time, something starts to happen to you and the situation. The same thing happened to Jacob who did not settle for less.
Jacob doesn’t know in what mind set Esau is coming. Sometimes we do things that don’t really honor God. And when we start to go through the situation it is actually wrong to blame. When you have done wrong, be alone with God. Face it. Jacob wrestled with the man till afternoon. He wanted to free from the trouble he had kept himself. And God gave him what he wanted. When you are alone with God, the spirit of God leads and you don’t need to consult anyone. You don’t settle for less.
3. Samson – In Judges chapter sixteen, Samson wasted his life and it was sad to find out that even though he was great and the Spirit of God was upon him, he was indisciplined in some areas and he got himself into trouble. Samson didn’t settle for less. He married a wrong person. He wasn’t an example of a man who controls his desires. But God used him anyway. Here he was praying and wasn’t settling for less. His final prayer was; “O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.(16v28-30)”. Samson killed people in his death more than his lifetime. When you go through stuff, don’t settle for less.
4. Elijah – In 1 Kings 17v22, the widow’s son died and Elijah knelt down and prayed and the boy’s life came back. Elijah and widow did not settle for less. In Hebrew 11v35; “Women received their dead raised to life again.” This widow woman will not settle for less.
5. Disciples of Jesus – In Acts 1v8; “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [a]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Disciples saw their Lord crucified, resurrected and performing signs and wonders. Generally people will be tempted to go out and shout that Jesus is alive and that Jesus is not dead and everyone should believe in Him etc. You will be tempted to go and preach immediately. Disciples would have thought these incidents itself are enough to get the people saved. But Jesus told them to wait for the Holy Spirit. To report about what happened to Jesus in the grave and His power is less. To report that Jesus is alive without the power of resurrection is less. So the disciples listened to the Lord and they just didn’t want to use what they have, they wanted more. And they waited. In Chapter two, the Holy Spirit came and they got the best. And today we are blessed through their attitude not to settle only with the facts. Holy Spirit is the best and is the God’s will for you.
6. Canaanite woman – In Matthew 15v22, she cries for her daughter but Jesus did not respond. And said that he was sent only to lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then she bowed and took the attention of the Lord. It is equivalent to worship. In your situation, worship the Lord. And He said “It is not right to take the bread of the children and throw it to the little dogs”. But she did not settle for less. Let your faith be great. She was not in the qualified class as she was not from Israelites to receive from the Lord. Your disqualification is your qualification if you can only see with your eyes of faith. What is disqualifying you from being your best? What is disqualifying you today from reaching your goals? In Christ Jesus it is your qualification. Her faith on the Messiah was her qualification and her daughter was healed.
7.Apostle Paul - Philippians 3v12-13, Apostle Paul pursued the higher calling. After getting saved if you are not careful, you get cold. Don’t be like that kind of a Christian. Shake yourself and be like fire. Don’t settle for less. Be the best God wants you to be. (Message by Apostle Edmonds, extracted by PR)
LIVE Sunday Worship Service @ Love Embassy of All Nations, Viveknagar Bangalore India. Where Jesus meets your need by His word.
Send your prayer request now using the information below,
Whatsapp: +91 8147908731
Leave a Reply.
Love Embassy of All Nations
Ministering God's love in a hurting world...