Church Service Archives
Please all notes are summary points of the messages made available online.
WHAT IS ENJOYMENT? -I Tim. 6v17, ITim. 5v6, Psalm 16v11, "He richly gave us all things to enjoy" Dictionary meanings:
1. the state or process of taking pleasure in something. "the enjoyment of a good wine" synonyms: pleasure, entertainment, amusement, diversion, recreation, relaxation; More
2. the action of possessing and benefiting from something. synonyms: benefit, advantage, use, possession, ownership, blessing, favour, exercise,endowment, availability "the enjoyment of one's rights" PLEASURE
1. a feeling of happy satisfaction and enjoyment. "she smiled with pleasure at being praised" synonyms:happiness, delight, joy, gladness, rapture, glee, SATISFACTION, gratification,fulfilment, contentment, contentedness, enjoyment, amusement; humorous delectation "she smiled with pleasure" Enjoyment is divine satisfaction which comes from doing good pleasure. WHATEVER DOESN'T SATISFY IS NOT TRUE ENJOYMENT. Enjoy pleasures of sin, Heb, 11v25 Pleasures of this life is choking -Luk 8v14, fell among thorns Good pleasure Eph 1v5, 1v9, Phil. 2v13, IIThess 1v11, Rev. 4v11, all things were created for God's pleasure. Is your life satisfying God?
1. Herod's birthday- Matt. 14v3-11(Mark 6v16-28)
2. The rich fool- Luke 12v16-20
3. Noahs drunkeness Gen. 9v20-27
4. Lot commits incest with his daughters Gen.19v30-38 Don't be filled with anything or person other than the Spirit of God - Eph. 5v18
Notes: IT IS A BLESSING TO BE PERSECUTED -21/06/15
Matth. 5v10-12 We are persecuted for righteousness.
II COR. 6v3-10, for your approval of faith and ministry.
II Tim. 3v12, all that will live godly will suffer persecution.
Name calling, blame
Jesus Christ was persecuted, Isaiah 53v3, 6, 7, 8
Paul & Silas was beaten, Acts 16v19-30 Job 1v1-12, Jobs test. Elijah's persecution, 1 King 19, 17v2-7, 18v7-10,
Persecution prepares you for God's best.
Persecution is necessary for your approval.
Rejoice when persecuted.
Get Apostle Edmonds Owhorode's message notes online now
I John 3v3, Matt. 5v8, Pure in heart, 5v48- be perfect. Purity is your original state, mind it. Naturally, when we keep ourselves or our environment clean it works out for our own good.
You cannot clean yourself spiritually, but you can keep your clean self.
My testimony of protection... "Whatever you cannot stop controls you, & whatever you cannot control will stop you in life"
Keeping yourself pure,
God's word cleanses you -John 15v3
1. Your heart-Prov. 4v23
2. Your eyes - Matth.18v9, Mark9v47, Job 31v1
3. Your mouth -1 Peter 3v10, Eph 5v4,
4. Your body - Prov 4v18, I Cor.3v17, 6v19, 20, 7v23 5.
Have peace in yourself, Hebrew 12v14
A. Peace with God
B. Peace with yourself
C. Peace with other people
D . undeniable fruit of true Christians.