Do you go from the presence of God without receiving anything just because you did not feel the presence of God? There is nothing like presence of God. Presence of God opens your eyes and changes your life. When you are conscious of His presence, He gives you the energy and power of His presence. Learn from Apostle Edmonds in this service the different forms of God's presence and how to know it! Listen to the above audio for full message. Hear it and be blessed!
There is nothing like the presence of God. Apostle Edmonds said when he sees the way certain people respond to the presence of God, to the word of God, to the things of God etc., he feels sad, sometimes he feels sorry for them.
In the presence of God, never be proud. Never think you are better than someone. By doing that you are demonstrating human weakness and foolishness. To be proud doesn’t really mean to wear a beautiful dress, change your style of walk or change your style of talk etc. That is not real pride. A real pride is when you know what you are supposed to do and you are not doing it. It is the disobedience that is pride. In the presence of God, to be proud is like a bringing curse upon you. Jesus has life giving power.
When you come to worship Him and if you are not brought under the presence of God by His Majesty, then you are either ignorant or foolish. And when foolish people come to the presence of God, they don’t know how to respond. So, don’t waste your time in the presence of God. Know the presence of God. Enter the presence of God with knowledge. Know who He is. Don’t enter the presence of God with feelings. The focus is on the Spirit. God seeks those who worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Your beauty is zero in the presence of God. There is only one that is beautiful in the presence of God and that is ‘His glory’. So, if you are still conscious of your beauty in the presence of God, you are a very ugly woman. If you are conscious of your qualification in the presence of God, you are a fool. In the presence of God, there is one thing that matters – Him and Him alone.
Can’t you learn from the twenty four elders in the Bible? They removed their crowns and threw it. What crown do you have? None of us were born with any crowns. But some act as though when they were born, crown came with them. All the knowledge you seem to demonstrate and say you are qualified, you acquired it. In presence of God, be sensitized to who He is. When you know this, you will change all the time. You will transform from glory to glory, from faith to faith.
Why do you think Lucifer fell? In the presence of God, God was not all for him. He thought he can do better than God by sitting on the throne of God and because of that thought of pride, he was thrown down.
The presence of God opens your eyes and changes your life. It is easy to feel but know it. A child feels the presence of the parents; their love etc. always but they don’t know it. But when they know the presence of their parents, they are responsible to respect their parents. People miss out the presence of God, when they enter the presence of God without knowledge.
There are two forms of God’s presence:
1. Revealed presence of God – Here, you will have the manifested presence of God. When the message is preached in a sermon and it strikes you like electricity and pain leaves your body that is the manifestation of the presence of God.
2. Authoritative presence of God – It is the rights and privileges given to us in Christ Jesus. Sometimes you may stand and not feel the presence of God but you know the Father is there with you. Consciousness of His presence dispels, demonstrates the energy and power of His presence. And gives you the benefits of His presence. The authority of His presence will not work by itself. You have to use it. Knowledge will help you to use it and not feelings. In Mark 4v39, the Saviour was in the boat and there was storm. Here, you will hear the tutor teaching you how to speak. Jesus said to the wind and the storm, “STOP”. And it stopped and everything was calm. From this incident you learn, how the presence of God is used. Jesus used it by commanding it.
When you the event in 1 Kings 19v11, you will see the authoritative form of the presence of God. Though many things manifested, but His presence was in the still small voice. So, lot of times that soft voice tells you to pray or to forgive but you act as though nobody said anything. That’s the presence of God.
The first one looks more powerful because it is spectacular but both the forms are same and none of them is diminishing in its quality and virtue.
Mathew 28v18-20 – No prophets promised that they will be with you till the end of the age but Jesus promised. Jesus is more than a prophet. This is a part in the New Testament that many believers miss it and because they miss it, their prayer takes that shape.
There is a difference between feeling the presence of God and knowing the presence of God. Feeling the presence of God is great but knowing the presence of God is better. The reason is, on the earth you cannot feel the presence of God twenty four hours a day but you can know His presence unlimited. The feeling is the revealed one. It is the knowledge of God that is constant. So, if you wait to feel the presence of God, you may think some sermon is more powerful than the other and it shows you are a growing spiritual babe! It is like saying Old Testament is more powerful than New Testament or New Testament is more powerful than Old Testament. But the truth is, both are equally powerful because God of old and New Testament is same Yahweh only. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever and that spells Yahweh’s character.
Feeling the presence of God is not the ultimate. Knowing the presence of God is the ultimate. When you don’t know, you speak and pray out of point. And devils are waiting for it. For a while, such prayers may work because there is insurance in the Kingdom of God for such ignorance. But when the insurance expires, you start to wonder why your prayers are not being answered. You need to know it’s time for you to stop drinking milk and start eating meat. If God’s people have knowledge, how much they can do! The authoritative presence of God is released by knowledge. It is not released by feelings.
In the presence of God, demons shake but believers keep their eyes open and keep looking everywhere. And such people are praying to God to change them. When you don’t know the value of the presence of God, how can the word of God change you? Is it a magic? You must value the presence of God, and then the word of God can change you.
How do we know the presence of God?
1. By the word of God – We all love to feel the presence of God but it need not be necessarily by wind or sound etc. It is by the knowledge. The name of Jesus only responds to the lip of faith. When you come to His presence, first thank Him for it. Where you are, that is where the presence of God is. In the Old Testament, they used to carry Ark of the Covenant and that is where the presence of God used to be. But when Yeshua was crucified, the curtain of the temple from top to bottom was torn and the presence of God left the temple. And now He says;” Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1 Corinthians 3v16). In the Old Testament, the presence of God was revealed in a place but in the New Testament, the presence of God is given to us as a gift.
2. By the Holy Spirit – This is where the manifestation of revealed presence of God comes in.
3. By reverence – God taught Moses who was one time very powerful man; raised to be a prince to remove his shoes. The reason He told him to remove his shoes wasn’t because it was a tradition in the presence of God but it was training for Moses. A king or a royalty will never walk barefoot because it is an insult for them to walk barefoot. Then He told Moses that Moses was standing on the holy ground. Why? It wasn’t the ground, but the presence of Yahweh that made the ground holy. What Yahweh inhabits, He makes it holy. So, He introduced Moses to the school of reverence to the presence of God. You must reverence the presence of God. Now in the present age, if you think of removing your shoes, you might have to remove your clothes as well because He lives in you. The presence of God is not reverenced from outside but from the inside. You can cover from head to toe, remove your shoes etc. but reverence is from the heart. If you don’t reverence the presence of God, He will make you to reverence it. You will come to the situation where you have to know the presence of God because it will be the only way out. You need not come to that situation. So, you better reverence the presence of God.
(Message by Apostle Edmonds Owhorode, extracted by PR)
Love Embassy of All Nations
Ministering God's love in a hurting world...